Suhosin

krip

25 Sep, 2016 03:45 AM

Hi, I very excited when I found about pimpmylog.. i tried to install it. But get stuck at the configuration. It says that i need suhosin extension. I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04 and thus extension are not available on repo. I'm very frustrated with this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by potsky on 14 Dec, 2016 04:53 PM

Hello,

you DO NOT need Suhosin and should not use it !

Can you send me a screenshot of the error screen please ?

2. 2 Posted by krip on 14 Dec, 2016 11:53 PM

Why you saying "DO NOT need Suhosin and should not use it !"? Sound like a jerk

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by potsky on 15 Dec, 2016 06:19 AM

Suhosin is a awesome PHP extension, I used it in a previous project to apply security rules according virtual hosts in PHP.

BUT, it may generates problems to access log files in Pimp My Log. That's why I try to check if this plugin is installed when log files are not reachable.

Use it if you want, there are no problem about this but configure it correctly to let PHP access the log files.

Finally, if you do not use this extension and if you have an error message about it, it is really anormal and that's why I asked you about a screenshot.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac